The sun is shining right now and the weather just gorgeous. However, May can often be a rainy month here in Vaud, so here are some suggestions as to where to take children to play on inclement days, or where to leave them for a few hours if you need to shop.
A big thankyou to the Mums and Tots in IWCN (International Womens’ Club of Nyon) for these tips and hints. It’s not a comprehensive list, so if you know of somewhere new that’s not on here, do let me know and don’t forget, there’s lots more info in the book Know it all Passport .
If if you don’t want to venture out, then why not let them be creative with a craft kit from Castor Bleu to assemble at home. These kits are inexpensive and designed by a local business in Crans. See advert on the sidebar.
- The La Garenne Zoo in Le Vaud. Birds of prey and animals from the Jura. Open year round
- Glazy Days – Painting on ceramics, for adults and children from aged 2. Call for an appointment.
- Arteplace – Art Classes for Children, Teenagers and Adults in Rolle.
- The garderie in Chavannes Centres .Takes children from 2 1/2 to 6 years and will look after children for a maximim of 2 hours.
- Signy Creative Kids
- Migros in Nyon on the first floor Garderie “Les Gazouillis takes children 2- 7 years
- Ikea ballpark and Pfister furniture store (children must be 3 years old at both these places)
- Swimming pool in Clinique La Ligniere (just past Gland) Membership required
- Public Swimming pools in Bassins closes 6th July-23rd August 2009
- Nyon indoor pool (closes 17 May when outdoor pool by the lake opens for summer).
- Baby Gym in Vich