Catherine from Living in Nyon, and Lisa from Know-it-all Passport, are back with their “audio” Advent Calendar for 2018 with 24 gift ideas.
Many of their suggestions can be bought locally. These range from subscription services for spas and body treatments, bouquets of flowers and socks (a “sockscription”!) yoga, snowshoe and wine weekends away, a gorgeous photographic book of local wildlife to beautiful Swiss stamps.
All links below – tune in to the podcast to hear more of a detailed description of each suggestion. If you are still stuck for ideas – listen to last year’s podcast!
Lisa is also currently running a Christmas pop-up shop in Geneva and she has chosen a selection of items from her shop such as spicy jams and paintings made from wine.
24 Gift Ideas discussed in the podcast
1. Ceramic Kettle that looks like a teapot – Manor
2. Door Hotel sign
3. Reading Glasses Container – both from Angelika Chollet – Rue de Rive 30, 1260 Nyon Tel 022 361 6513. There is no website but this shop sells beautiful, stylish products!
4. Body Pass Card for a spa treatment
5. Voucher Patchwork in the Peaks – Quilting weekend in the Alps
6. Chandlery in Nyon for lovely marine products, 7. from deck shoes to 8. brass clocks
10. Design your own Car foot Mats
11. Baroque et Rococo for picture frames and Cactus Nespresso holder – shop in Nyon.
12. Photography course voucher
13. Yoga, snowshoe, and wine tasting weekend Live Breathe Hike! retreat
15. Advent Calendar idea – Fill a Toolbox with 24 gift ideas!
16. Flower Subscription via Miss Daisy bouquets of flowers delivered to your house
Know-it-all Market Place – Lisa’s pop up shop
17. Paintings made from wine!
18. Savoury and Spicy jams – Spice Angel
19. Oh la Vache!
20. Leaf print silk scarves
21. Lanxel Candles with local names
Catherine also suggests
22. A photography book by Jonathan Guillot – fabulous photos of local wildlife. Book available online and in Payot – Geneva.
23. Alexandre Chocolaterie in Nyon – Handmade artisanal chocolates.
24. Papeterie de la Côte – Pencils, Caran D’ache etc